Last updated: July 28th, 2020
If you’re comparing BI and analytics vendors right now, you know how noisy and confusing the market is. There are traditional BI vendors, new data discovery vendors promising self-service nirvana, and vendors who want to take you to the cloud and nothing but the cloud. How do you make your shortlist and find the approach that is best for your organization?
Industry analysts can help. Information Builders takes a great deal of pride in our ranking in industry analyst reports and studies. Across categories and analyst firms, year after year, Information Builders is consistently ranked a leading vendor. While other BI and analytics companies also get top marks in various categories and reports, we are regularly rated highest by all of them – based both on analyst evaluations and customer reviews. (See list below.)
We are thrilled at this recognition because it validates our unique approach to BI and Analytics. We want you to know that we’re different from those other guys. Here‘s how:
- When it comes to customer service, no one comes close to our high-touch and results-driven program. Our passion for customer success consistently pushes us to the top spot, and helps our customers to be innovators and market leaders, too
- Our technology is solid, proven, and impactful all across the world. Our WebFOCUS BI and Analytics platform is not just about delivering fast and easy analytics. It offers our customers what they want most: flexibility and peace of mind. We wouldn’t dream of letting you cook up 100 half-baked dashboards when one elegantly designed report would do. We want to enable you to achieve true self-service for everyone and change one-off information requests into behaviors and actions that impact the business
- Because it is so volatile out there, our mission is to guide our customers on best practices and emerging trends and technologies such as big data, cloud, mobile, and IoT. Our platform is future-proof so you can leverage the latest and greatest technology shifts to be every CEO’s dream: an analytics-driven powerhouse
- We ensure that data discovery doesn’t lead to data discrepancy. Providing access to governed data sources is critical and avoids costly mistakes and poorly informed decisions that can be attributed to bad data
- When we say self-service for everyone, we mean everyone. Some people don’t need a data exploration tool – they just want an answer, fast. We provide massively scalable operational BI applications so users can get answers to the questions they require to run their business, for on the spot decision making
- But explore away! Many people do want to explore data – they want to find interesting patterns and maybe even use their data to frame and communicate a change in business strategy, for example. So we also allow people to explore their data (big, small and in-between) to find and share insights. And you can do it from the same application – no need to switch to a different tool
Bottom line: No other vendor can offer this kind of agility and flexibility for self-service BI – from one unified platform.
But don’t just take our word for it. This year alone, Information Builders was positioned as a leading vendor by six of the top analyst firms in the industry. These include:
- Leader in the 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI and Analytics
2015 marked the eighth consecutive year we were positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for BI and Analytics. The report praised our WebFOCUS BI and analytics platform for its ability to help a wide variety of stakeholders derive data-backed insights and operate more effectively as a result. To learn more, access a complimentary copy of the report here
- Top Vendor in Ventana Research’s 2015 Value Index for Analytics and BI
Ventana’s Value Index evaluated 15 providers across five product categories and two customer service areas and rated Information Builders number one overall. Our integrated portfolio, comprising data management, predictive analytics, visual discovery and operational intelligence in a single platform, coupled with our exceptional user experience were noted as key competitive differentiators. Learn more by downloading the Value Index here
- Top Ranked Vendor in Dresner Advisory Services Wisdom of Crowds BI Market Study
For the sixth consecutive year, respondents in Dresner Advisory Services annual survey ranked Information Builders as the top vendor, positioning us above our peer and overall averages and giving us a score of “best in class” for most measures. In addition, Information Builders demonstrated an increased value, product, integrity and overall score compared to Dresner’s 2014 BI Market Study. See more on our competitive positioning in the report here
- Number One Value Leader in the 2015 EMA Mid-Sized BI Radar Report
The EMA report analyzed how current BI and analytics platforms address the needs of mid-sized businesses, and found that Information Builders outperforms the competition with our mature solution and strong integration capabilities. Learn more by downloading the report here
- Top Ranked Leader in 22 Categories in the BARC BI Survey 15
The BARC survey evaluated WebFOCUS in two peer groups—Large Deployments and Large International Vendors – and found that we were the top vendor across these groups in 22 categories. Among the competitive differentiators cited were vendor support, implementer support and operational BI – access the report here for additional details
These and other top scores from industry analysts are a mark of pride for us because they validate the benefits companies are reaping from using our solutions. Nothing says success louder than the innovative BI applications from our customers – they are leading the way. If you‘d like to see more examples of their achievements, check out our customer stories gallery here.